Saturday 8 October 2011

Stand Up Against Bullying

Bullying is a subject that comes close to me, since I was bullied throughout most of my young childhood. For about 4 years of my life, I was bullied in every way I can think off. Mentally and physically, and even when I logged onto the computer at home, these bullies would still find a way to make my life a complete misery. Nobody knew about it and I felt like I was alone. I didn't have one friend I could speak to but it came to the point where I was actually physically hiding from my mum so I wouldn't have to go to school and face them. My mum found out about what was happening and decided to confront the school and the bullies parents. They eventually stopped and I finally found some people that I could trust and feel comfortable around, so if it wasn't for my mum, I don't know what I would of done. For a while, I had absolutely no confidence at all but I've learnt to stick up for myself and no one has bothered to pick on me ever since. I know i'm not the only one that has experienced bullying, so if all the victims could just stand up against them, we could prove them wrong. When I heard Demi Lovatto's song 'skyscraper' for the first time, I physically cried. It felt like the words were my thoughts from my bad experiences. I knew I had to use the song to get round to people in some way, so I made a video. This is the first time its ever been shown online so if you are going to watch it, whether your a bullying victim or a bully yourself, I hope you feel something from it. As a previous bullying victim, I know exactly how it feels to be bullied, so this is what really goes on behind closed doors. So next time you think about picking on someone about what they look like or what they are interested in, remember this video, because otherwise your actions might just have serious consequences.


Spread the word and make a stand against bullying!

Click here to go to my youtube channel and comment on the official video!

No comments:

Post a Comment